Monday, March 23, 2009

That's a Wrap

I've had a day to try to adjust to normal life again, and I have to say, I prefer the fantasy life of SXSW. I've been incredibly lazy today, allowing my feet and legs to recover from the insane amount of walking and standing.

Here's a brief round-up of my experience:

Best show by an old band I'd not heard of before SXSW: The Homosexuals
Best show by a new band I'd not heard of before SXSW: The Breakers
Best show by an old favorite: New York Dolls
Weirdest show I saw (in a good way): Tigercity - white dudes who look like they belong in an Anthrax tribute band doing pretty excellent disco soul (think 1979 Prince meets Duran Duran, complete with falsetto)
Shows I'm sad I missed: Ida Maria, Gordon Gano, DEVO, Ladyhawke, Titus Andronicus, Tinted Windows
Shows I'm sad I saw: Wild Light, Wavves, whatever that awful band before the Moaners was called
Best moment of SXSW: (tie) Meeting Melissa Swingle (and having a complete fanboy freakout, probably making her think I was just let of a halfway house) and Peter Murphy covering Joy Division's "Transmission"

Thanks for reading the blog. Sorry about all the typos, misspellings, and unfinished thoughts - I started leaving in the "Sent from my Iphone" signature so you'd know I was typing on that horrible virtual keyboard while standing in line or walking somewhere. (It proved to be a little difficult to do anything but watch bands and drink.)

I haven't even gone through all the CDs I brought home with me yet, but I'm already trying to figure out how to go back next year. Here's hoping...

No comments:

Post a Comment