Thursday, March 17, 2011

Yup, I'm Old, Pt. II

Two years ago, I had to suffer the humilation of putting Dr. Scholl's inserts into my All Stars in order to stay upright in Austin. This year, I'm having a hard time staying upright at all [cue jokes about my being a drunk].

I fell asleep in my room, waiting for Psychic TV's 12:30 show at Elysium. Why was I in my room in the first place, you ask? Well, I was a bit discouraged with my show selection to that point.

After dinner with Vic, I went next door to catch Grimes and Esben and the Witch at Spill. Grimes was described to me as goth-R&B-pop, when in fact, it is one small Canadian girl with a keyboard and a laptop. Now, I don't mean to dismiss the whole of electronic music outright; I might like Grimes' music if I heard it on the radio. But watching someone push buttons on a laptop does not make for a particularly riveting viewing experience. And after Grimes, I wasn't in a mood that would tolerate Esben's 10 minute sound check of the floor tom. So, I went to my room to chill for an hour before heading off to Psychic TV. And I fell asleep. I think tomorrow I may go to a movie, loudly ask questions through the first half and snore through the second.

No comments:

Post a Comment