Friday, March 18, 2011

Peter Murphy

I was on the fence about whether or not to hit the Peter Murphy show this year, since two years ago he did all new songs, except for the (really fucking great) Joy Division cover. I'm glad I went. It was an acoustic set, but the set list was near perfect. From memory, so I'm sure I'm forgetting something...

A Strange Kind of Love
Marlene Dietrich's Favorite Poem
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
Cuts You Up
I Spit Roses (?) - a new song that Pete seemed to acknowledge didn't go that well; he urged us to "buy the fucking single" to hear it the right way
Hurt (NIN cover - some kid asked me if I knew who did the original; I thought he was joking)
A new-er a capella song that I don't know (stopped in the middle to tell some woman in the audience to shut up)
Silent Hedges
Passion of Lovers

No comments:

Post a Comment